This was my first week of running. It was painful. I have not run in over 6 months and have not run longer than 2.5 miles in almost three years. I ran accumulative of 12 miles this week (not all at one time, but who is counting). I ran 3.0 miles the first day and when I came home all proud of myself that I ran a full 3.0 miles without passing out or falling down my loving husband reminded me that now I just need to add another 23.2 miles and I will be ready for the marathon. Wow. Yeah that is a really far distance, I forgot just how far a marathon is.
Saturday I went to the gym to run my 5.0 miles on the treadmill and about 3.0 miles into I was dying and I look over and there is a guy running next to me wearing jeans, baggy t-shirt, a beanie wool cap over his eyes and big timberland boots on.....and he was running at least twice the speed I was (in my full on running gear) and he was doing this without breaking a sweat.
Meanwhile I was barely gasping air into my lungs.....pathetic.
Here we go with Week 2.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment